Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dad's day



So my dad is retiring and Friday will be his last official work day at school. It was so cool to have my dad there at my high school, and my friends always loved his class, including Justin. With father's day and his retirement around the same time, I gave my dad this framed layout I made for him featuring some old pictures of my dad. They're from his mission application, his mission in Germany, a dance at my mom's high school, his early years as a teacher, and a picture of him and my mom after they had been married a while (it's now been 37 years). So I'm not a scrapbook extraordinaire, but I really wanted to show these cool pics of my dad, since I love seeing old pictures -not that my dad's old or anything, but they're not exactly recent!

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Very cool! I love all the pictures and the details you put into it!! I bet he got teary-eyed!! That picture of mom at the dance looks like you, don't you think?

Joanne said...

How cool. Good luck to him.

Elissa said...

Wow! What a nice gift! YOu are so creative!

wendipooh13 said...

love seeing the old pics of mom and dad!!! sooo cool.... and just LOVE that BG Archaic line that you used, perfect for boys....

The Sonboul's said...

LOL about them not being "exactly recent!"

KIM this is an amazing scrapbook layout! It's fun to see something like this on your blog. I hope you post more stuff soon ;)

PS your Dad is one very cool guy!

alise said...

I love old pictures of my parents. They are so fun! Your dad looks awesome. The first picture is definitely during the Beatles era. Looks like England or something. I think Ringo might be hiding in the group somewhere. I love the dance picture. Caroline already said it, but that picture of your mom totally looks like you!! Anyway, fun to see what you guys are up to. Congrats to Uncle Mike on retirement!!