Monday, November 1, 2010

halloween night

somehow halloween kind of crept up on us this year. before we knew it we needed costumes! i came across an R2D2 costume and justin went from there! he explained to me that R2D2 and C3PO are robot friends, perfect for the twins, and that they were built by luke skywalker, perfect for brody. it's not that i've never seen the movies, but they didn't really "take off" in our house full of girls. thank goodness for husbands! *on a side note, justin read this post and later told me that the robots are actually called droids and C3PO was built by anakin, not luke. yup, that's my husband, nerdy but lovable!
R2D2- kade, jedi luke skywalker- brody, and C3PO- crew

some pics from the ward trunk-or-treat:
R2D2 and C3PO
the jedi luke skywalker
me and kade

here's some pics from halloween night:
brody
crew
kade
the two buds concocting an escape plan (foiled by mom)

we had a fun halloween, rob, jana and baby jacob came down for the night. jacob made a perfect young obe wan kenobi! i think jacob sat the best for the pictures! dinner, a little trick-or-treating and some candy eating made for a great halloween!

6 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

ohhhh they all look sooo cute and totally diggin on the themed costumes.. so were you princess leah??

Maurine said...

I love the costumes. Don't worry, Kim, I hadn't seen any of the star wars movies (mostly girls in my family too) until my little brothers finally decided that was not acceptable and made me watch them all in a row. I can't believe how big your boys are getting.

Luisa said...

They all look so cute together in those costumes! I love it. Brody looks so grown up. We miss you guys!

Kristine said...

Cute costumes, love your scarf, you should use that for your profile pic!

Joanne said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I miss you guys sooo much! I miss holding the twins and entertaining them and brody too. They are sooo cute! I lvoe it. And yes I know how it is to have those star wars fans. Jake was Clone trooper. They said Dad should be Jabba! LOL...anyways, I lover scraf and where was your "Princess Leia" outfit? Happy Halloween.

Caroline said...

super cute little guys! I told Tyler about them being Star wars characters and he had to whip out his star wars book to find out exactly which ones they were and read all about them!!