Saturday, April 19, 2008

Not his best week

We've been waiting months for Brody to start teething, and this week it finally started. Despite the horror stories I've heard about sweet little kids turning into monsters while their teething, I figured I could handle it. Unfortunately Brody started teething the same week he got sick (caught it from me, I feel like a horrible mom). So this week we've been rotating between infant Tylenol and baby orajel, trying to soothe the crying and keep him calm. If that wasn't enough to teach me patience, Brody also burned his hand on the bottom of our oven. I know what you're thinking, was it bad? Are there blisters? You let your kid play in the kitchen while you were cooking? So the answers are: not to bad, yes, and apparently so. Now Brody is super fussy and overly attached to me. As I talked to a nurse about his burns, she asked if he's taken any medication lately and what for. I explained he's been sick and teething this week and mention the meds. She reacted a little surprised, "sick, teething, and he burned his hand? Wow, it's really not his best week!" My selfish response: "It's really not my best week." Either way I'd like to think he's getting better and will soon be back to normal (which seems like a distant memory), but that will have to wait until after he get his shots on Monday.

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Awww, so sorry to hear about Brody's sick,teething and burn incident. Hope you feel better soon Brody.

wendipooh13 said...

hope Brody starts feeling better, he is soooo cute!!! glad we got to see him!!

Bryan, Rachel, Ben and Tyler Nichols said...

Kim I hope you had a great birthday last Saturday!

The Sonboul's said...

okay I have a fun tip my kids love while teeth are coming in! I make juice pops. just go to the store or find someone that has the popsicle moldls. I then take juice and a little water and put it in the molds... after it freezes... you'll have a sweet little treat that helps those little gums and sick throat. Good luck with it all! I know how hard these times can be. My boys seem to ALWAYS get 3 teeth at one time (coming in). Oh and PS... you're NOT a bad mom, like you said this was just a hard week.

Amber said...

I hope Brody is feeling better! Talk about a rough week for the both of you.