Thursday, December 6, 2007

Holiday cheer!

Holly tagged me so I get to share what I love most about the holiday season, so here goes:

I love the smells of the season, christmas trees, fireplaces, cinnamon, and freshly baked treats!

I love Chrsitmas music! I'm one of those people that get excited by chirstmas songs playing in October. I can listen to the same Christmas cds over and over (by the way I love Hilary Week's).

I love the Christmas weather. I know everyone from out of state is laughing at me, but to me Chrsitmas is always sunny and warm enough to try out the brand new bike you got earlier that morning.

I love watching people try to be sneaky and hide presents around the house. Much to my parents dispair, I knew where their hidding places were and I do admit to mild snooping, but its so fun to walk into a room and watch another person jump and say "Hey your not supposed to be in here!" Sorry mom and dad!

I love the magic of Santa's visit. There's nothing quite as exciting as waking up to see if Santa got you the one gift you truly wanted. What kid and adult still doesn't hope for that?

I love holiday decorations. Triming the tree, bells that jingle, garlands that garnish, and candles that flicker, I love it all. Our home is almost put together enough to add the Christmas decor!

I love to be with family! Although our numbers will be very few this year, I love the fact that you'll always find time to get together, talk, relax, and eat!

I love nativity sets. I love to see the different takes people have on the Chirstmas story. I love to see how Mary and Joseph's faces are portrayed. And I'd love to have a larger collection of nativity sets!

I love to contemplate the miracle of Christ's birth. How He came in such a humble setting, to be greeted by His earthly parents, stable animals and then by shepherds and wise men. I love to think how such a simple beginning created something so great, a Savior for every person that comes unto him.

Ok, here comes my deep dark secret: I love when my husband is able to get me the perfect surprise present. So far he's always gotten me really great Christmas gift, always something unexpected but perfect! It might worry him to read this, but I can't wait for Christmas morning!

So thats what I love about Christmas, I pretty much love it all! So to everyone who reads this, I tag you to share what you love most about Christmas...merry christmas!

1 comment:

Elissa said...

Christmas is such a wonderful time of year! I am so excited that you guys are coming to Utah for a short time. We need to make sure we go to lunch or do something fun. How is Brody doing? Is he getting big? Merry Christmas!