Monday, May 4, 2009

down for the count


Well things here have been a little chaotic. After a couple days of contractions, and hours of baby monitoring, the doctors have me on bed rest until our little guys arrive. Right now I'm 33 weeks, but they definitely want the babies to stay in until 34 weeks (and once you reach that, they want them in until 36 weeks). So for now I'm on some meds to ensure I don't go into preterm labor, which is common among twin carriers, and we're just holding on and anxiously waiting for the next few weeks to pass. So far I've learned that bed rest is very over rated, and seems impossible when you've got a busy one running around, but luckily we have lots of help! Since the contractions started we've decided to step up our baby prep, so the clothes (which are so tiny!) are washed and put away, the bassinets are up, the car seats are in, and the baby toys are back out again. Brody's been a super great helper with all this, and loves to test out all the stuff for "brothers". The other day he said he wanted 2 brothers, we of course said yes, a breathed a sigh of relief. Luckily he really like things in 2's. So that's how were doing, just sitting, or laying, and waiting. Hopefully we can meet these guys soon!

Brody testing out the car seats.

7 comments:

Robyn said...

You are so adorable! All belly! I remember those days and I'm not missing them at all! Good luck with it all coming to a new chapter in your lives. Twins are wonderfully busy! Love ya!

wendipooh13 said...

glad to see Brody is getting ready for the two boys!!!! glad he said two right?? well you look great and are almost there!! yeah can't wait to see those cuties

Luisa said...

I'm so excited for them to be born...If I were you, I'd take advantage of the full bed rest and go way over the top. Get a bell, and ring it whenever you need anything...a drink, a massage, to have someone fan you...I mean when else will you get to do something like that?

Joanne said...

I have watched all the Marathon TV shows on Bravo when I was on bed rest with JT for 1 month! Yikes.I agree with Luisa. And if you do need help with your little guy. Call me, I can pick him up and take him to the park for a couple of hours.

Bryan, Rachel, Ben and Tyler Nichols said...

You look great Kim. I can't wait to see pictures of the cuties! I hope for a great labor and delivery for you!

Kristine said...

Lookin pretty small for 2 babies! Can't wait for some pics of Brody's new brothers!

Krishele said...

I'm so excited to read about your cute little family. Twins...wow. I feel anxious for you. I can only imagine how you are feeling. Way to hang in there though. I'll be looking forward to seeing pictures of the new additions.