Tuesday, May 22, 2012

summer time

summer is definitely steaming it's way into texas!  thankfully we're still in the high 80's low 90's, but I'm sure that's all going to change very quickly.  i mentioned i tried to summer-up our mantel and i also made this little ditty for our entryway:

I recently found this tutorial from a link party and it made the flowers really easy to make.  to be honest after i followed the tutorials i felt a little silly for not figuring it all out before, they're really easy!  i should probably warn you that with all the snippets of time i get to do something crafty, this wreath took about a month for me to make, the day i finished brody came over and said: "Oh, wow mom!  That looks so pretty, I'm really proud of you!" That definitely made the month worth it!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

super cute, I like the little summer banner!!

Kristine said...

Funny kid! Love the colors in the wreath:) Oh, I know you finished this the same afternoon you refinished 2 pieces of furniture, made 3 new recipes, and snapped your fashion outfits!!