Sunday, February 10, 2008

Soccer game

This post is a little over due, but a few weeks ago Justin and I went to US mens soccer game vs. Sweden. It was a bit of a nightmare getting through the gates and into the stadium (we actually missed the first goal while going through security), but once we were inside the game was really fun. We had pretty close seats behind one of the goals, so we saw plenty of action, which was so exciting! As entertaining as the game was, the banter between fans was pretty comical as well. Obviously the majority of the fans were for the US, so it was funny to hear everyone get all riled up whenever Sweden would make a play or create a foul.

.

.

.

This other picture was the second goal of the game, which Donovan made from a pk. In the end the US won 2-0 which gives me a little hope for the US men this summer in the olympics! One of the coolest parts of the night was running into my old AYSO coach (of all the places). We had a really fun night at the game. That morning I had woke up with a cold and I'm so glad Justin talked me into going! I guess since my soccer career never took off (I guess I'd need skills for that) I'll have to be a fan instead, but that almost just as fun.

1 comment:

wendipooh13 said...

would love to go to a soccer game!!! We took the kids to a Real games last year and they had sooo much fun, they want to go back.