Tuesday, September 16, 2008

a little bit sticky


So I've NEVER been a big "here's a cute picture of my messy baby" type of mom, and I don't plan on becoming one since I detest when Brody gets super messy. Lately Brody's been throwing all sorts of food tantrums, and we've finally realized that he's ready to start feeding himself. This was one parenting job I was dreading, watching my child get all sorts of sticky and messy foods all over himself in an attempt to actually get some food in his mouth. I tried hard not to make disgusted faces or intervene, while I observed his new found excitement for yogurt. This picture is my proof that I can exercise will power, and not rush over to clean up every sticky food that gets on his hands (some of you know how I get about messy hands). And for the record, Brody nearly finished all his yogurt, without a tantrum!

4 comments:

Elissa said...

That is so cute! Just to warn you, feeding time will now get worse. You gotta love it when they get it all over their hair. Spaghetti is the worse. :)

Joanne said...

Yes, I love it!!! Love BOYS!!! We have Boys Kim. Boys, boys,boys, sweaty,sticky,dirty,messy. BUT they are the most fun,loving,caring and sweetest. EVER! =)

The Polson Family said...

So proud of you for letting him go wild. Watch out next you'll be letting him eat dirt and pet dogs:)

Kristine said...

Hey at least the messy gets on him and not on you anymore! And as he learns he will get a little less messy!